Most people are apprehensive to plan their weddings during the monsoon season. Little do they think that it is the most beautiful time of the year to tie the knot, says actress Taapsee Pannu, who also has her own wedding company The Wedding Factory.
Here are five tips from the new wedding planner on the block:
* It is important to keep your guests dry. So, look for a combination of outdoor and indoor space or even makeshift arrangements. Along with the guests, the equipments used by a band or DJ shouldn’t be exposed to rain either.
* One can brighten up the entrance with enchanting umbrella and floral decor. A good umbrella set up with flowers in between would be a quirky tip for the perfect monsoon wedding decor. Also, clean plastic tent decors are a latest hit in the decor market.
* Keeping a monsoon wedding, one should be extra careful of the food arrangements. Getting the food and beverages from outside could be of a task as one can be delayed by traffic or other natural circumstances that happen during the season. Also, one needs to be sure of the freshness of the food served to the guests. An in-house food arrangement would be a perfect pick in this case and would be easy on your pocket too.
* Getting all decked from salons in this season could go for a toss. Bookings for a hair and make-up team isn’t that of a fuss nowadays. One can get their favourite looks at the comfort of their home. An in-house make-up artist is a smart choice in a weather so unpredictable.
* The bride should avoid wearing silk or anything heavy. Fabrics like chiffon, georgette and cotton are good options. During monsoon, since the humidity level goes up, wearing synthetic fabrics may be uncomfortable. Even the groom should avoid wearing anything heavy and prefer a light fabric.(IANS)