By Taaazakhabar New Bureau
Premature aging and hair loss is a common problem. On an average losing about 50-100 hair per day is considered normal. Excessive hair loss can affect the appearance of a person and causes mental stress and their confidence levels.
Scientific studies prove Onion is a safe, inexpensive and easily available home remedy for hair loss & premature graying for decades. Onion helps in hair growth without any side effects or causing allergies. It has been shown to reverse grey hair when applied to the scalp. A study published in the Journal of Dermatology reported the efficacy of onion juice for alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that causes patchy hair loss) in 2002. Almost 84% of participants who applied onion juice twice daily for two months experienced much better hair re-growth rates than those who only used tap water. Men had a higher success rate than women.
Various scientific studies have proven that applying onion juice and consuming onions is helpful in controlling hair loss and other problems related to hair such as dandruff, fungal infections and yeast infections. Onion juice has proved to be effective in preventing premature graying of hair. Onion contains an enzyme called catalase which is an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying. You can also use onion as a natural and safe method for promoting hair growth if you have receding hair line or bald patches.
Onion is rich in sulfur content. The sulfur content in the Onion juice also has anti-bacterial properties that prevent growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp thus reducing the chances of losing hair due to infections. When applied on the scalp, Onion Juice can improve the blood circulation and improve the production of collagen tissues necessary for hair growth.
Hair grows from the hair follicles in the scalp. Onion juice increases the strength of the hair and prevents thinning and breakage. Apart from all this, improved blood supply in the scalp provides better nourishment to the hair follicles and promotes hair growth. For better hair growth you need to extract the juice of onion and apply it thoroughly on the scalp for at least 30 minutes.
You can keep it for longer if you can bear the pungent smell of Onion juice. Rinse off the juice using water and mild shampoo. Repeat this remedy at least thrice a week for two months to get the best results.
HOW TO EXTRACT ONION JUICE
- Peel the required number of onions according to the length of your hair.
- Cut them into pieces.
- Put them in food processor, blender, grater or juicer to squeeze out the onion juice.
METHOD 1: ONION FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Mix ¼ cup of onion juice with one tablespoon honey and consume it orally or
- Apply the onion juice mixed with crushed fenugreek powder and honey on the scalp
- Massage it for 15 minutes and keep it overnight
- Repeat every day to see the difference. with honey.
METHOD 2: ONION FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Finely chop one medium sized onion and soak it in a glass of rum overnight.
- Strain the mixture and remove the onion pieces next day. Use their juice to massage the scalp or rinse it after washing the hair.
METHOD 3: ONION FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Include onion in recipes and salads to get the benefits of using onion. This process may some more time than applying the juice to the hair.
METHOD 4: ONION FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Add 4-5 chopped onion to one liter of water and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and strain
- Use the boiled water to rinse your hair after shampooing.
- Clean your hair using water and mild shampoo next day.
Select any suitable method and stick to it for at least two months. Your hair will first achieve sheen and slowly become stronger and thicker. For additional hair nourishment massage your hair and scalp with a mixture of olive oil, coconut oil and almond oil once a week. Leave the oil overnight on your hair. Always eat a healthy diet to prevent hair loss and graying of hair.
HAIR CARE TIPS
- Drink at least two liter of water everyday
- Comb your hair with a wooden comb
- Consume green tea, nuts, dry fruits and leafy vegetables in your diet
- Lessen intake of caffeine
- Avoid hair colors and other harsh cosmetics
- Essential oils like Rosemary, lavender and peppermint promote hair re-growth.
- Add onion in your diet to provide additional dietary support.
- Avoid commercial shampoos and wash your hair with natural shampoos with low alcohol content once a week. Rinse with COLD water when finished, to close the fibers in the hair.