The total cost of operations related to ISIL since the operations started on Aug. 8, 2014, is $1.83 billion and the average daily cost is $8.5 million.
By Taazakhabar News Bureau
U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported.
TARGETS DAMAGED/DESTROYED AS OF MARCH 2015
Airstrikes in Syria
Attack, fighter and bomber aircraft conducted six airstrikes near Kobani, which struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL vehicles, two ISIL anti-aircraft artillery weapons and an ISIL excavator.
A U.S. Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon receives fuel from a KC-135 Stratotanker as it supports Operation Inherent Resolve. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Chelsea Browning
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 10 airstrikes in Iraq, approved by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense:
– Near Beiji, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL anti-aircraft artillery weapon.
– Near Fallujah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL anti-aircraft artillery weapon.
– Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL staging area and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL building.
– Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed five ISIL buildings, an anti-aircraft artillery weapon and an ISIL mortar position.
– Near Tal Afar, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
– Near Tikrit, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL vehicle bomb.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community. The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the United States, Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.